Wednesday 6th May 2020
10 am - 1.00pm
40 weeks over 1 year - no classes during school holidays
The Fashion Loop Studio, Bedford
(Castle Road area – details upon registration
Adult Fashion Sewing Course (Womenswear)
This 1-year course is designed for students who would like to focus on the sewing aspect of garment making. Students will be taught how to use commercial patterns, adapt them to their body dimensions and create a well-fitting garment. The Fashion Loop has created a unique method that once understood and applied allows students to adapt patterns for themselves independently.
Students will begin the course with simple garments to adapt, cut and sew; as the skills develop, students will progress to increasingly advanced designs. Each garment will contain many technical aspects that apply to many other types of garments.
This course is suited to students who have some basic experience of sewing. Students with no experience of sewing can attend our Beginners Sewing Foundation Course to pick up the basics.
During the course, students will:
- learn how to read & use commercial patterns
- learn how to adapt commercial patterns to fit your body
- learn many garment making techniques & skills
- create toiles and produce garments in own their fabrics
- develop confidence, independence to embark on own projects
- create garments that fit well and flatter the body
This course will require students to undertake some study and practice at home.
Some of the garments that students can expect to create throughout the year:
What is included:
- use of sewing machines & relevant production equipment
- a garment pattern
We encourage you to bring your own fully-serviced sewing machine otherwise we will provide it.
* payments can be broken into 3 payments - please contact us to discuss this