Tuesday 25th February 2020
10am - 1pm
The Fashion Loop Studio, Bedford
(Castle Road area – details upon registration
This course is perfect if you are completely new to using a sewing machine and garment making. This course offers insight into the various components of the sewing machine & overlocker and teaches students the basic to intermediate level techniques used for professional garment construction.
By the end of the course, students can expect to gain confidence with the basics of the sewing machine, overlocker and feel able to practice basic threading, adjusting tension, and sewing independently.
This course will teach you:
- How to use your sewing machine providing full insight into the basics
- How to set up & use the overlocker
- How to create a perfect stitch by fine-tuning the stitch tension
- About sewing threads, needle sizes, function of commonly used sewing feet
- Seams used for garment production
- Zips: Trouser Fly front, Invisible Zip
Once you are familiar with these steps, students will make a top utilising many of the techniques learned during the earlier part of the course
What is included in the price:
- Use of Sewing machines, overlocker & relevant production equipment
- 2 metres of calico (additional calico can be purchased at The Fashion Loop @ £3.00 p/m)
We encourage you to bring your own fully serviced sewing machine. If you do not have a sewing machine, we will provide it.
The group size is restricted 4 students to allow for each student to receive individual support.
Please contact us if you have any have any questions about this course