Sewing Heavy Weight Fabrics - Leather Garments
An exciting course that will build your confidence of handling and sewing leather... a material that can't be unpicked!
Learn how to lay out your pattern pieces and identify the grainline within the leather skins.
To join this course, you should be confident at using the sewing machine and have experience of making a few items of clothing.
Students can expect to learn about:
- Grains of the leather
- How to cut skirt pattern pieces in the leather
- How to set up your sewing machine for leather
- How to sew and finish seams
- How to create features such as a pocket, waistband
- How to insert a zip into leather
Students can choose an alternative to leather such as suede or PU leather (aka pleather). The leather skins or PU can be purchased from The Fashion Loop.
What is included in the price:
- Use of Sewing machines & relevant production equipment
- 2 metres of calico
- use of a garment pattern available in UK sizes 8-18
We encourage you to bring your own fully serviced sewing machine. If you do not have a sewing machine, we will provide it.
Students will be required to purchase the materials for their garment (fabric, linings, zips/fastenings and interlinings). You can bring your own materials, or these can be purchased from The Fashion Loop (prices & variations upon enquiry).
|Duration: 3 days|
|Time: 10am - 4pm|
|No. of places: 5|
|Date: 2019 dates coming soon|
|Location: Castle Rd area, Bedford, Bedfordshire|