Introduction: Fashion Sewing & Garment Production
This course is great if you are beginner and haven't done much fashion sewing before especially with building your skills set and confidence
The circle skirt is a flattering and classic item of clothing that can be made in many types of fabrics, different lenghts and with varying features.
Our elegant circle skirt will feature hidden side pockets, an invisible zip and a waistband.
During this course, you will learn:
- how to prepare fabric for cutting & aligning grainlines
- how to develop accuracy on basic seams & overlocking
- inserting an invisible zip
- about applying suitable interlinings
- about different sewing feet & function
- how to finish seams to a professional standard.
You are expected to have attended the ‘Introduction to Sewing Machine Basics’ course if you are new to sewing or have very little experience.
What is included in the price:
- Use of Sewing machines & relevant production equipment
- 2 metres of calico
- use of a garment pattern available in UK sizes 8-18
We encourage you to bring your own fully serviced sewing machine. If you do not have a sewing machine, we will provide it.
Students will be required to purchase the materials for their garment (fabric, linings, zips/fastenings and interlinings).
You can bring your own materials, or these can be purchased from The Fashion Loop (prices & variations upon enquiry).
Students will be informed prior or during the course what type of fabric is recommended for the garment.
|Duration: 2 days|
|Time: 10am - 4pm|
|No. of places: 5|
Date:2019 dates coming soon
|Location: Castle Rd area, Bedford, Bedfordshire|