Tuesday 23rd April 2019
9.30am – 12.30pm
The Fashion Loop Studio, Bedford
(Castle Road area – details upon registration
This course is perfect if you are completely new to using a sewing machine and garment making. This course offers insight into the various components of the sewing machine & overlocker and teaches students the basic techniques used for garment construction.
By the end of the course, students can expect to gain confidence with the basics of the sewing machine, overlocker and feel able to practice basic threading, adjusting tension, and sewing independently.
This course will teach you:
- How to thread your sewing machine & wind the bobbin
- How to use the overlocker
- How to create a perfect stitch by fine tuning the stitch tension
- About sewing threads, needle sizes, function of commonly used sewing feet
- Basics seams used for garment production - Which students learn & practice
Once you are familiar with these steps, students will make a simple camisole with some parts finished with a bound edge.
What is included in the price:
- Use of Sewing machines, overlocker & relevant production equipment
- 2 metres of calico (additional calico can be purchased at The Fashion Loop @ £3.00 p/m)
- a pre-cut garment in size 12
We encourage you to bring your own fully serviced sewing machine. If you do not have a sewing machine, we will provide it.
The group size is restricted 6 students to allow for each student to receive individual support.