Introduction to Fashion Sewing & Garment Production
This course will introduce you to many of the essential techniques of fashion sewing and produce a beautifully crafted shift dress as the end result.
During this course, you will learn:
- basic seams used for garment making
- handling ease
- how to prepare fabric before cutting
- how to follow an assembly order
- sewing darts
- facings & interlinings
- basic pockets
- seam finishes & fastenings
What is included in the price:
- Use of a sewing machine & relevant production equipment
- 2 metres of calico
- use of a garment pattern available in UK sizes 8-18
We encourage you to bring your own fully serviced sewing machine. If you do not have a sewing machine, we will provide it.
Students will be required to purchase the materials for their garment (fabric, linings, zips/fastenings and interlinings). You can bring your own materials, or these can be purchased from The Fashion Loop (prices & variations upon enquiry).
Students will be informed prior or during the course what type of fabric is required for the garment.
|Duration: 3 Days|
|Time: 10am - 4pm|
|No. of places: 5|
|Date: 2019 dates coming soon|
|Location: Castle Rd area, Bedford, Bedfordshire|