Tuesday 5th January 2021
(class dates are given below)
6 - 9pm
The Fashion Loop Studio Bedford
This course is ideal if you are new to using a sewing machine or haven't used one in a while. We will teach you the ins and outs of the sewing machine & overlocker ensuring that you are fully equipped by the end of the course to try out some simple projects of your own, independently!
By the end of the course, students will gain intermediate skills in using the sewing machine, overlocker, iron and understand professional garment construction
This course will teach you:
- how to use your sewing machine - in-depth explanations about the different mechanisms & functions.
- how to use the overlocker
- how to create a perfect sewing stitch and troubleshooting
- about sewing threads, needle sizes, the function of commonly used sewing feet
- seams commonly used for garment making - basic seam, topstitched seams, french seams, etc
- how to create bias binding from scratch, bound edge, rouleaux loops
- how to insert zips: Trouser Fly front, Invisible Zip
- Interlinings - brief insight into the construction of a good quality garment and how interlinings are used
Once familiar with the basics, students will make a ladies top/blouse utilising many of the techniques they have learnt
What is included in the price:
- Use of Sewing machines, overlocker & relevant production equipment
- 2 meters of calico (additional calico can be purchased at The Fashion Loop @ £3.00 p/m)
We encourage you to bring your own fully serviced sewing machine. If you do not have a sewing machine, we can provide it.
The group size is restricted to 4 students to allow for each student to receive individual support.
5th, 12th, 19th 26th January
2nd, 9th, 23rd February
2nd, 9th, 16 March
Please contact us if you have any questions about this course