Foundation for the pattern cutting of a wide range of formal, tailored & casual jackets
Create a tailored jacket block to your exact measurements and body shape with a 2-piece tailored sleeve.
Know-how of making a basic bodice block is necessary to subscribe to this course
Once the block is created, it is possible to create an infinite number of designs (dependent on individual skills level)
This course will:
- Creating a jacket block to your body measurements
- Creating a 2-piece sleeve
- Creating mock-ups of the block in calico (toile) and adjusting until desired fit is achieved
- Creating a jacket pattern draft that includes typical jacket features such as button stand, facings, pockets, collars
- Creating a final jacket pattern
There is no sewing involved in the Block Making courses, except when creating mock-ups. It is not necessary to know how to sew or how to use a sewing machine. If you have no sewing experience we can assist you.
All materials will be provided for in this course inc. 2 meters of calico for mock-ups.
Additional calico can be purchased at £3.00 per metre from The Fashion Loop.
Refreshments are available during the workshops.
|Duration: 3 consecutive days|
|Time: 10am - 4pm|
|No. of places: 5|
|Location: Castle Rd area, Bedford, Bedfordshire|