Children’s School Holiday Fashion Sewing Class
Age: 9 – 14 years
Duration: 1 Day
Time: 10am to 4pm
Class Date: 17th February 2021
Venue: The Fashion Loop Studio (Castle Road – details upon registration)
A 1-day fashion sewing workshop in Bedford for children aged 9-14. The 1-day course is ideal for students who do not have 2 consecutive days available as our usual workshops.
The workshop will focus on teaching students the basic technical skills used in professional garment making paced out according to each students needs.
As the groups are small, there is possibility to teach children with varying abilities.
The focus is placed on using the sewing machine as independently as possible enabling confidence to build.
Students will learn to use the overlocker and learn how to finish seams using the same techniques used in the industry
- Each child will have their own work station with a Janome Sewing Machine
- Each child will receive a personalised Fashion Loop work folder
- All fabric, haberdashery items and equipment will be supplied
- Refreshments will be provided but students should bring a packed lunch.
- All tutors participating in this workshop are DBS cleared
The main tutor for this course is Jay who has many years’ experience of teaching children & adults fashion design & sewing. Her label has shown at London Fashion Week and supplied prestigious boutiques in London & UK.
The Fashion Loop aims to give your child the best possible start in fashion sewing.